Friday, February 26, 2010

Avatar (2009)

Most feel Avatar has a happy ending.  Or it is some sort of leftist plot.  I take it as reflecting the nadir of civil debate in America.  Think about it:  is diplomacy or talking or negotiation even in this universe?  Both sides assume the other is incapable of compromise or a change of heart or change of mind.  The false dilemma of "kill or be killed" is forced down our throats.  Nonviolent resistance isn't CGIable, I guess.

Then again, maybe Avatar just faces the fact that big bully capitalism will never change until it gets its ass kicked so hard that it can't sit for a century.  Speaking for myself, I never changed my ways from any inner virtue.  I had to suffer the consequences of my bad behavior.

Rating: 5 out of 10
Recommended instead: The New World

No comments:

Post a Comment