Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nowhere (1997)

OffScreen finally got their Spring 2010 schedule online, and I am pleased to see three films that were already in my Netflix queue: 35 Shots of Rum, Bronson and 24 City.  A few years ago they screened another Gregg Araki film, Mysterious Skin, which I missed then but might see in the future.  Hopefully all of these will be more enjoyable than Nowhere, which was insufferably repulsive.

Rating: 1 out of 10 (made it about 40 minutes)
Recommended instead:  Fast Times at Ridgemont High is at Xer speed, I guess.  Those Nowhere kids were just too scary.  Stop texting and GET OUT OF MY YARD YOU ROTTEN KIDS!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, saw this piece of junk one night on IFC and it made me wary (despite the accolades) of Araki. I was remnded of it again when watching an even worse film of the same stripe, The Rules of Attraction. And what was up with the color schemes and camera work in this thing - like a bad night at the roller rink.

    ReplyDelete