Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweetie

On Craig O'Brien's dream blog, he labels all dreams not only with the themes and motifs within them, but also with what he ate for dinner that night.  Dickens famously made this connection when Scrooge dismisses Marley's ghost as "an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"

It pays to be sensitive to how we are feeling or what we've been eating.  I use HALT all the time.  If I am feeling hopeless, I ask myself "am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired?:  If so, I just deal with that issue first, by eating, breathing, talking or sleeping, and more often than not the supposed doom goes away as well.

At any rate, I bring this up because whenever I drop the 1-bomb on a well regarded film, I need to be open to the possibility that I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to enjoy it that day.

Rating: 1 out of 10
Recommended instead: The Piano

No comments:

Post a Comment